OkBuddyRetard Minecraft servers
r/okbuddyretard and its Discord servers have had several Minecraft servers over the years.
Its current iteration, run by Seiya and Saucy, was launched on May 13, 2023 for OkBR 5, while also being the official server of Whenthe and r/okbuddychicanery. The IP is mc.irony.wiki and is currently on Java version 1.20.1.
RetardCraft[edit | edit source]
On December 31, 2018, tacotoaster posted a message to the announcements channel of OkBR2 asking users if they would be interested in a Minecraft server for the Discord. The proposal reached over 200 updoges, and the server was launched on January 2, 2019 under the IP okbr.serverminer.com. The only rule was that griefing would be an instant ban.
On January 3, 2019, a land claim plugin was added and the server was upgraded to have 30 player slots. A Patreon page for the server was created on January 6.
On February 5, 2019, the server was moved to a new host, and upgraded to have 60 player slots and 4GB of ram. However, this change also led to the map being entirely reset. The new IP was 22.214.171.124:25589.
The server was shut down sometime later that year. Tacotoaster created a Dropbox of the world file on December 21, 2019, but the link has since expired.
BuddyCraft (OkBR4)[edit | edit source]
This server launched on January 23, 2021, on Java Version 1.16.4. It was active for about three months before news of a potential reset due to 1.17 managed to convince its remaining players to stop joining. Thus, the server's existence faded to nothing, and was soon replaced by WOID. Much of the server's history has been documented thanks to Sudrex, and can be seen in its main article.
- Don't be a dick. Yes, it goes without saying, but it must be said regardless. Don't be an ass to people around you. Don't earnestly insult people in chat, don't start off-topic arguments, don't excessively annoy people if they ask you to stop. I think you can probably fill in most of the blanks here. Just be nice and be a good sport about everything. It is Minecraft.
- Don't grief people's stuff. Another staple rule. Don't mine, blow up, burn or otherwise dismantle or alter someone's property in any major way without their permission. We have anti-griefing plugins which allow us to both see who griefed what and roll the damage back, so you may as well not even bother. Note that griefing is a separate action from destroying enemy property during wartime, but that should be made obvious by plugins.
- No hacking. Seriously. X-rays, flying, invincibility, whatever. None of them are allowed in any form. Hacking disrupts the natural flow of the game and makes it less fun for everyone. Regardless of what hack it is, don't use it.
- Keep a good sense of humor. Remember, this is just a game, and it's only a server for OKBuddyRetard, of all places. Don't be a humorless bastard. Feel free to get invested, but remember you should be able to laugh off anything bad that happens to you in game. Have a good time.
- No lag machines or any other devices/methods to harm the server. Yes, I know you might find it funny to do stuff like this, but it's a huge pain in the ass for us. We have plugins that allow us to instantly find this stuff if you do it. Don't bother. We will blow it up and you will be banned.
WOID[edit | edit source]
In July 2021, Whenthe, Irony Hub, Dogelore, and OkBuddyRetard created a collaborative Minecraft server called WhentheOkBuddyIronyDogeCraft, more commonly referred to as WOID. During its prime activity times it had reached well over 30 players online.
Due to the server only being advertised on Discord it quickly died down after about half a month. It is remembered as one of the biggest Minecraft servers related to irony servers.
BuddyCraft (OkBR5)[edit | edit source]
This server launched on May 13, 2023, under the IP mc.irony.wiki. The server was first launched on Java version 1.19.4, running on Paper. It's run by Seiya and Saucy, with Sotarnicus and Eyvuh joining the mod team the following month.
The rules of the server are as follows:
- No hacking or cheating.
- No griefing. In other words, do not steal, destroy, or vandalize other people's stuff without their consent.
- No PvP without the consent of person you're fighting.
- Generally, just don't make the server an unpleasant place to be.
The server was quite inactive during it’s first month, only peaking at around 5 players online when it was first opened. It later partnered with Whenthe and OkBuddyChicanery in June 2023, giving the server a stable single-digit player count to this day.